Low Friction, High Load Bearing Dry Film Lubricant.
A durable bonded coating containing a blend of Molybdenum Disulphide(MoS₂) and thermosetting resin binder. Provides improved lubrication and corrosion protection in aggressive environments.
- Low coefficient of friction; alleviates stick slip behaviour and provides uniform torque tension on threaded fasteners.
- Good resistance to a broad spectrum of aggressive chemicals.
- Reduces wear, extends component life/service intervals.
- Reduces risk of seizure.
- Lead and Antimony free.
- Completely dry, resists pick up of contaminants.
- Typical thickness 20 microns.
The coating is a spray, brush or dip spin application which may cured at 150°C-180°C ( or air dried with some reduction in mechanical and anti corrosion properties ) to form a bonded solid film.
For use in corrosive environments where:
- Permanent lubrication is required eg inaccessible components.
- Operating pressures exceed the load bearing capacities of ordinary oils and greases.
- Components are subject to frequent disassembly.
- Protective coating and sacrificial break in is required eg jet engines.
- Fretting and galling is a problem eg splines, universal joints and keyed bearings.
- Easy release is required.